Built by Isaac Kunkel in 1882 with stone from nearby Devil’s Backbone Mountain Ridge, this building is the oldest existing county building in South Sebastian County. It served as a jail for many years and was, during the Great Depression, a community cannery. It now serves as a repository for artifacts of our pioneer culture. There is no charge for admission. Donations are appreciated.